Personal Information

How do I change my address on file with Helpside?

You can change your address in Employee Tools. For security reasons, Employee Tools is the best place to make a change to your address.

How do I change the email address on file with Helpside?

You can change your email address online in Employee Tools. For security reasons, Employee Tools is the best place to make a change to your email address.

How do I change the phone number on file with Helpside?

Please contact your worksite employer and ask them to update your phone number with Helpside.

How do I notify Helpside of my name change?

To change your name, please contact us via Live Chat or call us at 801-443-1090. We will send you a secure link to upload your new social security card and your marriage or divorce certificate. You can also email us at


How do I obtain a copy of my W-2 form?

Electronic copies of W-2 forms are available to employees through Employee Tools on our website. You can access a tutorial for retrieving W-2 forms online here. 2023 W-2 forms will be mailed and be available online no later than January 31, 2024.

If employees have questions about logging into Employee Tools, they can reach out to our Client Success Team at 801-443-1090,, or via live chat on our website at

Why is the information on my final pay stub different than my W-2 form?

Form W-2 is a tax document that is required to be sent by all employers to all employees typically by the end of January for the previous calendar year. This document contains important information needed for employees to file income taxes such as taxable wages and taxes withheld from pay for the year.

The final pay stub for the year displays the total or gross dollar amount earned prior to deductions and taxes, along with the net pay, which is the actual amount received by the employee.

Often the gross amount shown on your final pay stub will be higher than the amount shown on your W-2 because the final pay stub amount may not take into account pre-tax deductions.

It is important for employees to understand the difference between W-2 and final pay stub and recognize that the W-2 is what should be used to file taxes for the year. If you have any questions regarding W-2 forms or final pay stubs, reach out to us at

How do I view and print a copy of my pay stubs?

You can view and print a PDF version of your pay stub by logging into Employee Tools.


What should I do if I believe my paycheck is incorrect?

Helpside processes your paycheck based on information from your worksite employer. Each company uses a different method for collection of time and attendance and for submitting data to us. We advise that you login to Employee Tools and download the pay stub you have a question about.

After reviewing your pay stub, if you believe your paycheck is incorrect, please speak with your manager/supervisor about the discrepancy, as we are only able to make an adjustment after receiving instruction from our payroll contact within your company.

Where can I find my paid time off (PTO) balance?

Your employer may track their PTO through Helpside, but not all of our clients do.

If you employer does track it through Helpside, you can find your balance by logging in to your Employee Tools account.

What should I do if I believe my paid time off (PTO) balance is incorrect?

After reviewing your balance on your pay stub or through Employee Tools, if you believe your PTO balance is incorrect, we advise speaking with your manger/supervisor about the discrepancy as we are only able to make an adjustment after receiving instruction from our payroll contact within your company.

How do I change the amount of taxes deducted from my paychecks?

The W-4 is an IRS form you complete to let your employer know how much money to withhold from your paycheck for federal taxes. Some states have their own State Income Tax Withholding form you must complete as well. The W-4 had some significant changes in 2020. We encourage employees to review the new form and check out the IRS Withholding Estimator.

To change your income tax withholding, simply log into your Employee Tools account and click on Employee and then Federal Tax Form and/or State Tax Form to make a change.

What should I do if I would like to claim "exempt" from federal tax withholding?

You may claim exemption from federal tax withholding for 2021 if both of the following apply.

  • For 2020 you had a right to a refund of all federal income tax withheld because you had no tax liability, and
  • For 2021 you expect a refund of all federal income tax withheld because you expect to have no tax liability.

If you’re exempt, complete only lines 1, 2, 3, 4, and 7 and sign the form to validate it.

Your exemption for 2021 will expire February 15, 2022. See Pub. 505, Tax Withholding and Estimated Tax, to learn more about whether you qualify for exemption from withholding.

If you have met both of the above bulleted items and would like to claim Exempt from your Federal withholding, please call us at 801-443-1090. Outside of regular business hours, please send an email to and we will contact you on the next business day.

How do I add or change a direct deposit account?

You can change your direct deposit account online in Employee Tools. For security reasons, Employee Tools is the best place to make a change to your direct deposit account. If you have any trouble making the change, contact us via Live Chat or call us at 801-443-1090.

I don’t have a bank account. Can I still enroll in direct deposit?

Yes! We offer a Wisely Pay Card solution for employees who want the benefit of having their pay checks direct deposited. If you would like to enroll in the Wisely Pay Card program, contact us at 801-443-1090 or

You are not able use a Wisely Pay Card you received from another employer for direct deposit through Helpside. You must sign up for a new account.

Who do I contact about issues with my Global Cash Card/Wisely Pay Card?

If you are having trouble with your Global Cash Card/Wisely Pay Card, please call us at 801-443-1090. Outside of regular business hours, please send an email to and we will contact you on the next business day.

What should I do if I my insurance premium deductions from my paycheck are more than what was listed on my Employee Rate Sheet?

If your insurance premium deductions are more than you expected them to be, it could be due to back premiums. Our Health, Dental, and Vision premiums are deducted a month in advance, meaning the premiums deducted in January are actually for February’s coverage. This allows us to extend your coverage to the end of the month if you happen to leave the company, without having to work out a way for you to pay the premiums while not receiving a paycheck.

For example, if an employee is eligible to begin benefits effective January 1st, but he doesn’t submit his enrollment form until January 1st he will have back premium deductions. In this case, we haven’t been able to deduct the premiums for January a month in advance, in this case starting December. This employee would have back premiums to catch up for that month.

If you still have questions about your premiums or would like a break down of the premiums, please feel free to contact us by either using our chat feature (located on the lower right hand side of your screen now) or calling Helpside at 801-443-1090.


How do I check my 401(k) balance?

Visit the Transamerica website to login:

First time users can view setup instructions here.

What should I do if my 401(k) contribution didn’t come out of my paycheck?

Each company can select a waiting period for enrollment in the 401(k). Once you are eligible to enroll, your contributions will start on the first check of the following month.

For assistance, send an email to

How do I change my 401(k) contribution?

You can change you 401(k) contribution amount by completing this form.

You can also make changes on the Transamerica website.

Any changes will take effect on the following Monday. For more immediate assistance send an email to

What should I do if I change jobs and no longer work for a client of Helpside?

If you no longer work for a Helpside partner, you can fill out the 401k distribution request form and send it to

Workers' Compensation

What should I do if I am injured at work?

All employees who are injured through a work-related event must follow the injury reporting procedure as outlined below:

1. All work-related injuries, no matter how minor, must be reported to the employee’s supervisor during the same shift the injury occurred.

2. Helpside must be notified of all work-related injuries within 24 hours. Helpside can be notified by completion of the Supervisor’s Incident Report (SIR). This form can be completed together by supervisors and employees online.

3. If the work-related injury requires medical treatment, the employee must first call 1-844-581-0831 and speak with nurse triage, to discuss their injury and treatment options. If medical treatment is advised, the employee must use a designated medical provider. A copy of designated providers can be found on our website.

4. If the employee’s injury is life or limb threatening, please seek emergency treatment at the nearest emergency facility or call 911.

5. All employees seeking medical attention are required to complete a post-accident drug screen. Employees with work injuries who do not seek medical attention may also be drug tested at their employer’s discretion.

6. After receiving medical treatment, employees are required to report back to their immediate supervisor. If work restrictions are given by the doctor; the employee is required to contact their immediate supervisor to determine if modified work is available to meet the restriction given by the attending physician.

Contact info for Claims Director: Tom Wood
Call: 801-443-1338
Fax: 801-841-3538


What is a Professional Employer Organization (PEO)?

Small businesses partners with Professional Employer Organizations (PEO) like Helpside* to gain access to payroll, employee benefits, human resources and risk management solutions that make running a small business easier.

In this relationship, your worksite employer (the place you report to for work every day) is your primary employer and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of all employees. Among other things they decide your pay rate, your schedule, and manage your daily work. They make decisions on paid time off, holidays, what benefits to offer, and other company policies and procedures.

Helpside is sometimes referred to as a secondary, administrative, or co-employer. This means that Helpside may be responsible for things like processing payroll, remitting tax deductions to state and federal entities, providing W-2 forms, complying with garnishment requests, completing employment verification requests, benefits administration, and FMLA administration.

This means that on a day-to-day basis and for most things, your worksite employer is considered your employer. On occasion there may be situations where Helpside may be listed as your employer, due to the nature of our relationship and the fact that all of the payroll and taxes for your company are processed under the Helpside state and federal tax ID numbers.

Some the occasions when Helpside could be listed as your employer include:

  • Pay stubs
  • W-2 forms
  • Income and employment verification requests for loans, mortgages, refinance, etc.
  • Garnishment paperwork
  • Unemployment documentation
  • Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) paperwork*
  • Benefits cards and claims information*

If you have any questions, you are always welcome to reach out to the Client Success team at Helpside. We will be happy to answer your questions and help point you in the right direction.

*Not all companies that work with Helpside are in a PEO relationship, and not all PEO clients participate in every aspect of our services.

Didn't find the answers you were
looking for? Ask us here.