What is new in 2022?
If your employer participates in the Helpside Medical Plan:
- The MedSave 2 and MedSave 1 health plan options will be replaced by the MedSave 4500 and MedSave 7000 plan options. If you were enrolled in MedSave 1 or MedSave 2 in 2021, you will automatically be moved to MedSave 4500 and MedSave 7000 respectively if you do not make a change to your medical plan option during Open Enrollment.
- Hearing aids are now covered on all the plans up to $2,500 per year. Check plan descriptions for exact coverage details.
- Rehabilitation Therapy (outpatient physical, speech, occupational, cardiac, or pulmonary therapy) limit has changed from 20 visits per year to 20 visits per year per injury/illness.
- January 1, 2022 is the medical plan rate renewal, which means that your medical premiums may change starting with your first paychecks in December.
If your employer participates in the Helpside Dental, Vision, and other Supplemental Plans:
- There is a small increase to the dental and vision plan premiums for 2022.
- There is a new vision plan option called VSP 10/210.
- The hospital indemnity plan has slightly decreased premiums and increased benefits (from $1,700 per visit to $2,000 per visit), along with a new 10 month wait for coverage for maternity hospital admissions.
- There are no premium or plan changes to the Helpside life insurance, accident, critical illness, or disability plan options.
How do I make changes or enroll in new benefits during Open Enrollment?
Employees will complete open enrollment 100% online through the open enrollment portal website. Log in at www.helpside.com using the instructions in the video above. We encourage employees to complete and submit changes and enrollments as soon as possible to prevent delays in premium deductions.
You will be emailed a confirmation of your benefits elections upon completion. We recommend that you retain a copy of this email for your records.
What if I do not want to make any changes to my existing benefits or enroll in new benefits for 2021?
We encourage every employee to login to the open enrollment portal website to review available benefits options, pricing, and confirm they do not want to make any changes.
Please note that if a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Health Savings Account (HSA) is available through your employer and you would like to participate in 2022, you must login to the open enrollment portal and enroll during open enrollment. Elections from 2021 will not roll over to 2022.
What is the deadline to submit enrollments or changes for Open Enrollment?
Changes and enrollments must be submitted through the online portal by 10:00pm (MST) on Thursday, November 18, 2021.
Please note that enrollments and changes will not be accepted after this date.
We encourage employees to complete and submit enrollments and changes as soon as possible to prevent delays in premium deductions. Changes and enrollments take effect January 1, 2022.
Who do I contact if I have questions or difficulty logging in?
Please contact a member of the Client Success team at Helpside for assistance logging in. We encourage employees to allow themselves plenty of time before the deadline in order to prevent issues logging in that delay the ability to complete open enrollment changes and elections. You can reach a member of the Client Success team at Helpside Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm (MST) via phone (801) 443-1090, email email@example.com or check out our live chat feature at the bottom of the screen.
If you log back into the open enrollment portal after submitting your elections to Helpside, you must click Submit on the final screen of the workflow again or your benefits elections will not be sent to Helpside.
Benefit premiums are collected one month in advance. Monthly premium deductions are spread over two checks for semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls and over four checks for weekly payrolls. Please complete the open enrollment process online as soon as possible avoid back premium deductions. Not all benefits are offered by all employers. Please login to the portal to view available benefits options and pricing.
Please contact a member of the Client Success team at Helpside with enrollment questions at (801) 443-1090, firstname.lastname@example.org or via live chat on our website.